
I've started a blog. Helloooo everyone!
The reason for this? On Wednesday I was officially accepted as a long-term missionary to Germany with an organization called Greater Europe Mission (www.gemission.org)! Pictured are the 16 other short and long-term appointees to Germany, Ireland, Portugal, Italy, Armenia, Czech Republic, France and the Mediterranean Region. Yes, there were psychological tests involved, and yes, for those who are wondering, I passed them. Miracles do happen!
I'm about to begin a frightening and exciting journey, and I want to share it with you, because there is no way I can or want to do this alone.
After years of wondering how my gifts and interests in:
- classical music
- service to the poor and oppressed in the name of Jesus
- the German people and language
- and most importantly, volleyball :)
I'll be working with Jason and Sue Holm (http://holmsblog.blogspot.com/), who head the team there, as part of a liturgical church plant that began in May. I'll write more about that soon, and about my vision and mission in moving to Germany. But for now, thanks for sharing my excitement at this major turning point in my life.
yea!!! so excited for you and for us to be future neighbors!!!!love you!
ReplyDeleteOhh! Bittersweet! At once, congratulations and darn, darn, darn.
ReplyDeleteErin
Woohoo! That is terribly exciting news, Kristi. Can't wait to hear more about it.
ReplyDelete