Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving!!!!

Thank you, dear American friends, who are helping to keep the Thanksgiving tradition alive in Germany.
I finally spent some time in the kitchen, preparing a few dishes for the TWO Thanksgiving feasts that I was invited to.

Yes. I, Kristi Vrooman, spent hours in the kitchen cooking. No, this is not a mistake. The most surprising part is that I ENJOYED it! AND, I didn't burn anything and it all tasted really, really good! I'm as surprised as you are, believe me.
1) Cranberry sauce (yes, from scratch, and yes, I know it's easy, but it's a start)
2) Stuffing (I bought three gigantic loaves of bread at the local bakery and toasted them all. I learned later in the day that you can buy bread already toasted. Zwieback, it's called. Oops.)

Here's my proof - smiling faces and a food fight:



What a day we had! And now, off to bed.


1 comment:

  1. how fun. :) glad you had a great thanksgiving! wishing you a thoughtful and enjoyable advent season.

    ReplyDelete