As I sat down today to plan the music for our next worship service, I found this text from one of my favorite German songwriters: „Aus der Tiefe meines Herzens steigt ein Loblied auf zu dir, mein Gott.“ (A song of praise rises to you, God, from the depths of my heart.) It was one of those moments in which I sensed God‘s presence so strongly, and my heart was so full of gratitude, that I could only express it through singing. Have you experienced a moment like that recently? My prayer for me, whoever ends up reading this post ;), and for the Germans I have the privilege of knowing, is that in this Advent season, our hearts will become more and more receptive to Jesus. And as we repeatedly receive Him, may songs of praise originate in our hearts, and be always on our lips!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So good to see a post! How funny that you mention songs of praise in our hearts and on our lips. . . I'm not a good singer in the least but the other day I found myself spontaneously singing Ah Lord God. . . .
ReplyDeleteamen
ReplyDelete