The Kingdom of God (is near)
I have a question for you. What comes to mind
when you see or hear that phrase, "The Kingdom of God"? There are lots
of amazing possibilities, right? Still, if you're like me, you sometimes struggle with what God's Kingdom looks like tangibly, in your
corner of the world, in your own heart. The answer, however, when we
look to Jesus, IS conceivable. It looks like this: the living God,
coming into intimate contact with normal people, and completely
transforming their lives. Freeing them from the power of the Kingdom of
darkness, and transferring them into the Kingdom of Light. Woah. Sounds
like the plot of an epic movie.
"Let me ask you another
question. Will you stop for a minute and read through the following
sentence a few times with me?
'All
authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.'
I know you probably have
tons to do today, and I don't want to keep you from that any longer
than necessary, but will you indulge me and read through it just one
more time? Great. Now that you've really let it sink in... does it
change any of your plans for today?"
That exchange above is
similar to how I've sensed God speaking to me lately. ALL authority, in
Heaven AND on Earth, belongs to Jesus. The same Jesus who battled (and
is even now battling) the powers of darkness. This is a powerful God. A
God we can trust.
And now to our plans for
today:
"Go THEREFORE and make
disciples of all nations..." Because all authority belongs to
Jesus, and because He is with us at all times, and until the end of the age, He
sends us into the world to live out and share this message of God's
Kingdom: The captives are freed! The blind see!
Amen!
God, please give us eyes
to see this. Help us realize that your Kingdom is NEAR. Is HERE. NOW.
And give us the courage to live like it.
good word, Kristi. i love getting your updates, too. thanks for your hard work!
ReplyDeleteI love the question, "Does that change any of your plans for today?" What a great way to start my morning!
ReplyDeleteHi Kristi,
ReplyDeleteI would really love to talk with you about the work you are doing and life you are living in Cologne. I am a musician living near Boston, and I heard from a friend that you were recently at Park Street Church. I go to church on the North Shore, but I have completed a training school for church planting, and God has very clearly laid Germany on my heart. Specifically, Cologne has been coming up. There is a lot more to share, but I will save it.... would you email me? Vielen Dank!
bostonstrings@gmail.com
Liebe Gruesse,
Dayla